We love Hawaii the food and the vibe it’s wonderful. whether you are preparing for a visit or dreaming of one. Why not explore from home: Hawaii.
I love trying new food and trying to get my kids to try it. It’s part of our travel experience. The great thing about being home is that you can have the kids help out making the food as an activity. Hawaii food is one of my favorite things to eat so this was a really great week to indulge in a variety of delicious food.
- Poke: Shoyu Ahi Poke, Spicy Ahi poke, Tako Poke, Poke Bowls
- Kalua pork
- Lami Lami
- Garlic Shrimp Plate
- Adobo pork (one of my favorite items at the ABC store in Hawaii)
- Loco moco
- Shoyu Chicken
- mac salad (typical plate lunch side)
- Teriyaki Beef
- Dole Whips (adults can add rum)
- Mai Tai (adult beverage)
- POG ( Passion fruit-Orange-Guava ) Juice
- Shaved Ice with condensed milk (if you have a snow cone machine this is best)
- Good Night Hawaii, Maui, Honolulu
- Judy B Jones: Aloha Ha Ha
- Froggy Goes to Hawaii
- The Hawaiian heist-Geronimo Stilton
- Pele and the Rivers of Fire
- Between the Deep Blue Sea and Me
- Under the Blood-Red Sun (adult)
- Somewhere over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole
- Lillo and Stitch Sound Track (especially Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride)
- Moana Sound Track
- Disney Polynesian Resort Music
- Lillo and Stitch
- Hawaii 50 -TV series (adults)
- 50 first Dates
- Jurassic Park (filmed there)
- Learn to Hula
- Make Floral or Kahui nut leis OR have fun on a scavenger hunt to find items to make your own lei
- Make a clay fish hook or shell necklace.
- Build and Watch a Volcano Erupt
- Cook and Bake Hawaii Food
- Have Fun in the Sand: if you don’t have a sandbox outside, Kenetic sand is a fun activity you can do inside.
- Learn to Play the Ukulele (fender free lessons trial) purchase one on amazon.
- Go for a Hike. Hawaii has some amazing hikes that often lead to a wonderful view of a waterfall. If your able to head out for a hike.
- Have a Luau : cook some Kalua pork, enjoy some mai tai, Watch a luau show, watch fire dancing, Hula
- How to Hold Poi (Beginner Poi Spinning Tutorial)
- have fun with temporary tattoos
- Play Beach Games you don’t need a beach for: Corn hole, Frisbee, catch, fly a kite.
On-line Education and Exploration
- Volcano National Park webcam
- Learn about Hawaii’s History
- Read about the attack on Pearl Harbor
- Learn about Hawaii’s animals
- Learn about MaunaKea– worlds tallest Valcano (because it starts at the ocean floor)
- check out webcameras from around hawaii
1 thought on “Explore From Home: Hawaii”
Everything is very open with a very clear explanation of the issues.
It was definitely informative. Your website is very
useful. Many thanks for sharing!