Ellms Family Farm is way more than just a Corn Maze; It’s loads of fall family fun. From Ziplines to low ropes course, to a variety of ride-on vehicles and things to bounce on.
Located at 448 Charlton Rd, Ballston Spa, NY, Ellms Family Farm is about 45 min from the Hudson Valley and 45minutes south of Lake George and the Adirondacks, making it a great activity when visiting those areas in the fall.
Tips for visiting Ellms Family Farm
- Arrive at the opening to get a head start on popular attractions
- Head to the zipline first on the right-hand side of the farm about halfway back. If there is not a line your kids can keep take trips down the zip line till a line forms or they are ready for something else.
- Head to the Low Ropes Course which is another popular attraction they will likely spend a fair amount of time here as there are multiple ways to go through the course. Don’t miss the rock wall in the center.
- After those 2 you can make your way around the rest of the farm but note the diggers can be a popular activity that can take form a line they are at the bottom of the big slides in front of the pedal car tracks. Pedal cars can get busy as well and seem to be better when you don’t have to slow down for others.
- You can pack or lunch or purchase a selection of kid-friendly offerings. There’s plenty of picnic tables to sit at. There are also lots of yummy treats like popcorn, apple cider donuts, and apple cider slushies.
- Plan to spend 2-4 hours here which is basically the amount of time till the kids (or you) get exhausted.
Activities Included in Admission
- Low Ropes Course
- Challenge Ropes Course
- Farm Animals (feed is extra)
- 3D Scavenger Hunt
- Sports Center
- Band Stage
- Hay Climb Obstacle Course
- Jump Pad & Jumping Pillow, Jump Park, L
- Mazes Galore
- Mini Excavators
- Pedal Carts
- Pete’s Pirate Ship
- Pumpkin Patch
- Punchin’ Punkins
- Slide Mountain, Slides
- The Great Pumpkin Race
- Who’s Your Scarecrow
Low Ropes Course
Ride On: Pedal Cars and Kiddie Coasters
Bouncing and Climbing
Other Activities at Ellms Family Farm
Activities with a Small Fee
- Farm Animals: 25 cents feed machines
- Gemstone Mining: Starts at $5.00
- Paintball: 10 Shots for $2.00
- Pick-Your-Own Pumpkins: $0.59/lb.
- Pumpkin Express: $3.50 per ticket
- Apple Cannons: 1 shot for $1
Paintball was listed as $2 for 10 shots $5 for 30 shots. Apple Cannon was $1.50 a shot and 5 shots for $5 when we went. They did let you split the shots among family. For example, we paid $5 for 30 paintballs and each kid shot 15.
Corn Maze at Ellms Family Farm
There are so many activities you may not even make it to the corn maze but we did. We made it through the corn maze and out the exit but we didn’t find a single code.
There’s Also Pumpkin Patch and pumpkins available for purchase.
Food and Beverages at Ellms Family Farm
We ordered apple cider donuts but brought our lunch. We weren’t sure what would be offered but the menu seems like a decent value. The chili and soups sound great and the hotdogs make for an affordable meal. They have moble ordering available. I took some screen shots of some of the offerings.
The kids gave Ellms Family Farm 8 thumbs up (all our thumbs), which means they had a great time and we all slept very well that night.
Check out these other Fun Fall Activities
Join the AffordableFamilyTravel.com Crew on Facebook to share tips and tricks for affordable family travel.
Follow Affordable_Family_Travel on Instagram