Here are the perfect Easter basket fillers for the Young Travelers for the Young Traveler. If only my kids didn’t already have these I would be creating these myself.
1. Zinc Flyte Scooter Suitcases would make a great Easter Basket
What could be better than a Giant egg-looking Scooter suitcase filled with travel essentials? My kids have been using these suitcases since last year and my tall 7.5-year-old can still use them. My daughter had just turned 5 when she started using it. I imagine having the suitcase cracked open like a show but with the scooter part open and the other items sticking out of the cracked open suitcase.
Sid the Clops
Check out my review of these awesome scooter suitcases.
2. Camelbak Water bottles are good Easter basket fillers for the Young Travelers
We have used Camelbak bottles for years and have since upgraded to wide-mouth bottles but our kids still enjoy the kids-sized ones with the mouthpieces. Add a carabiner and they can clip to their backpacks.
Stain-resistant and taste-free Triton -WOLF
3. Travel Snacks are great Easter basket fillers for the Young Travelers
No matter where we go we always have a back full of snacks. It’s always when we are stuck somewhere when the kids just need something and they are essential on flights too.
- Slim Jims
- Chex Mix
- Trail Mix
- Freeze-dried fruit
- Mini boxes of raisins and Craisins
- Their favorite Candy: lollipops, Gum
This camera is a generic version of a Go Pro. It’s great for younger or older kids and a faction of the price. Both my kids have used these cameras on the last 2-to 3 trips and really enjoy them.
5. Wireless Headphones (that include a cord)
My kids enjoy using these headphones. When the battery dies they are able to simply add the cord in. the ends fold in to make it a bit more compact and less likely to break.
6. Travel Art Set
Travel Art Supplies are always in our carry-ons. We try to keep it simple. Crayons or colored pencils, a Drawing pad for our son, and Coloring Book for our daughter.
7. Travel Games
Even though my kids love their ipads when traveling there’s nothing they love more than some time playing with my husband or I. We always keep a deck or 2 of cards in our carry-on.
8. Themed items for your next trip
Where ever we travel there always seems to be something we need to purchase for the trip. Whether it was a waterproof backpack for our trip to Alaska, or new water bottles. We also have fun getting Sponge bob themed things before our trip to Nickelodeon Resort.
- Beach towels, swimsuits, sunglasses, sandals, Caterpillar stacking cups
- Disney, Nickelodeon or other character-themed items, autograph books, etc
- Themed Lego sets like this Eiffel Tower set.
- hair accessories or jewelry related to your trip.
- Pool Floats
9. Homemade Items
- Colleague pictures printed to play I-spy
- Bingo cards Use m&m as the pieces. I like character Bingo cards such as Disney because I can just randomly call out characters.
- Check out these printable travel games from Tripsavvy.
- If you are leaving right after Easter you could do:
- Fruit-loop or Cheerios Necklace kids: All you need is Cereal and Floss
- Build your own Olafs (marshmallows, pretzel sticks, chocolate chips & orange tic tacs)
10. Scratch off Map
11. Egg Squishies
Choose from paintable egg squishies or a Squishies set with markers. if you don’t know what Squishies are there are essentially stress balls. Kids love to collect different shaped ones. I kind of think of them as junk but I love these because they are an art set so they serve a double purpose. It’s also a great activity to do at home or while you traveling.
12. Skip Balls
Skip balls are so much fun. they are the perfect pool and ocean toy for travel because they are so compact.
13. Pool Floats
Pool Floats are a great Easter basket gift whether you have a pool or not. they are fun to use on a lake, in a pool, or on vacation. They are great as an activity or game or just for relaxing.
Join the AffordableFamilyTravel.com Crew on Facebook to share tips and tricks for affordable family travel.
Follow Affordable_Family_Travel on Instagram