We love Hawaii the food the vibe it’s wonderful. whether you are preparing for a visit or dreaming of one. Why not explore from home: Hawaii.
- Poke: Shoyu Ahi Poke, spicy Ahi poke, Tako Poke, Poke Bowls
- Kalua pork
- Lami Lami
- Garlic shrimp Plate
- Adobo pork (one of my favorite items at the ABC store in Hawaii)
- Loco moco
- Shoyu Chicken
- mac salad (typical plate lunch side)
- Teriyaki Beef
- Dole Whips (adults can add rum)
- Mai Tai (adult beverage)
- POG ( Passion fruit-Orange-Guava ) Juice
- Shaved Ice with condensed milk (if you have a snow cone machine this is best)
- Good Night Hawaii, Maui, Honolulu
- Judy B Jones: Aloha Ha Ha
- Froggy Goes to Hawaii
- The Hawaiian heist-Geronimo Stilton
- Pele and the Rivers of Fire
- Between the Deep Blue Sea and Me
- Under the Blood-Red Sun (adult)
- Somewhere over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole
- Lillo and Stitch Sound Track (especially Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride)
- Moana Sound Track
- Disney Polynesian Resort Music
- Lillo and Stitch
- Hawaii 50 -TV series (adults)
- 50 first Dates
- Jurassic Park (filmed there)
- Learn to Hula
- Make Floral or Kahui nut leis OR have fun on a scavenger hunt to find items to make your own lei
- Make a clay fish hook or shell necklace.
- Build and Watch a Volcano Erupt
- Cook and Bake Hawaii Food
- Have Fun in the Sand: if you don’t have a sandbox outside, Kenetic sand is a fun activity you can do inside.
- Learn to Play the Ukulele (fender free lessons trial) purchase one on amazon.
- Go for a Hike. Hawaii has some amazing hikes that often lead to a wonderful view of a waterfall. If your able to head out for a hike.
- Have a Luau : cook some Kalua pork, enjoy some mai tai, Watch a luau show, watch fire dancing, Hula
- How to Hold Poi (Beginner Poi Spinning Tutorial)
- have fun with temporary tattoos
- Play Beach Games you don’t need a beach for: Corn hole, Frisbee, catch, fly a kite.
On-line Education and Exploration
- Volcano National Park webcam
- Learn about Hawaii’s History
- Read about the attack on Pearl Harbor
- Learn about Hawaii’s animals
- Learn about MaunaKea– worlds tallest Valcano (because it starts at the ocean floor)
- check out webcameras from around hawaii