This week we are exploring the United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Here’s some resources to fill your week with activities and education.
I love trying new food and trying to get my kids to try it. It’s part of our travel experience. The great thing about being home is that you can have the kids help out making the food as an activity.
- Fish & Chips w/ malt vinegar
- Afternoon or High Tea: sandwiches*, scones* with clotted cream and sweet treats
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Scotch eggs
- English breakfast: sausage, bacon, fried eggs tomatoes and mushrooms
- Sherpards pie
*easier for smaller kids to help make
Stories are a great way for kids to learn about The United Kingdom. Mike has been reading MC B Spy Kid each night prior to and including this week . The book is full of interesting facts. One night they learned about the flag. The next day they made Flags and we asked them what the meaning was behind their flag.
- Mac B spy Kid Series
- Harry Potter
- Winnie the Pooh
- Paddington Bear
- The Tales of Peter Rabbit
Movie / TV Shows
- Mary Poppins
- Peter Pan
- Harry Potter
- Peppa Pig
- Wallace and Gromit
- Doctor Who
- IT Crowd (Great comedy for Adults)
- Find england on the map.
- Make a United Kingdom flag and learn its meaning
- LEGO Bridge building
- Cook British Food.
- Tea party here’s some ideas.
- Play “football” aka Soccer
- Have a dance party to English music
On-line Education and Exploration
- Explore the British Museum
- Explore the Natural History Museum
- Explore Royal Armouries Collection
- Learn about The United Kingdom (UK Fun Facts, London Fun Facts)