I will be updating this as often as I possibly can. This list is not to make families feel they need to jam a ton into each day or to feel like you need to have a set schedule. This is to help us all through a time where people may be struggling to entertain their kids or themselves. I find the animal videos to be very relaxing.
For more suggestions check out my article: Tips for keeping kids entertained and educated.
Check out Our Exploring From Home Series and Discover a New Destination Each Week
These are the daily activities recommended by our school. we strongly encourage our kids to do these but are flexible.
- IReady Math or English (rotate) We also substitute some other learning apps when we are getting pushback.
- Journal or writing
- One Special
Scheduled (available on set days and Times )
- 11am Monday and Thursdays Marine Biology Camp
- Mo Willems is doing a daily 1 p.m. doodling livestream. Click here to check it out.
- 3pm Cincinnati Zoo to you on FACEBOOK
- 11am Tuesday and Thursdays Yoga
Virtual Field Trips
- Google Arts & Culture.
- Yellowstone National Park and
- the Great Wall of China.
- Explore Yellowstone National Park, including the hot springs and a mud volcano!
- Explore the surface of Mars with the Mars Rover accessmars.withgoogle.com/
- Boston Childrens’ Museum www.bostonchildrensmuseum.org/museum-virtual-tour
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC www.metmuseum.org/art/online-features/met-360-project
- Great Wall of China www.thechinaguide.com/destination/great-wall-of-china
- British Museum online: britishmuseum.withgoogle.com
- National Gallery of Art: artsandculture.google.com/partner/national-gallery-of-art-washington-dc?hl=en
- Paul Getty Museum: artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-j-paul-getty-museum?hl=en
- Workout and games from a gym teacher
- Animal exercises for kids
- Here’s a list of companies offering free on-line workouts.
Virtual Zoos and Animals
- San Diego Zoo
- Farm tours! This Canadian site offers 11 different farm tours:
- Live cams at the San Diego Zoo
- Live cams at the Monterey Bay Aquariums
- Panda cam at the Atlantic Zoo
- National Zoo’s webcams
- Animal cams at the Houston Zoo
- The Georgia Aquarium has a bunch of live webcams you can stream of the animals from home:
- Take a virtual field trip to the Louvre
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden Facebook Live:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (live feeds, guided meditation with jellyfish, etc.):
- Marine Biology Camp
Activities Art & Language
- Duolingo Free language learning for Kids and Adults
- Mo Willems is doing a daily 1 p.m. doodling livestream.
Click here to check it out. Also has videos
- Indoor activities
- 28 days of STEAM activities
- 12 you tube art lessons
Storytimes and More
- Audible.com free audiobooks
- Sandiego children’s museum story time
- Day By Day NY NYS’s early literacy website
- Astronauts reading from the International Space Station
On-line Educational Resources
- Scholastic is offering this free online learning resource for families:
- Talking is Teaching
- New York Genealogical Society
- Imagineering in a Box
- NASA has made their entire media library free and available to the public.
- NASA STEM Activities for Kids and Families:
Music and concerts
- NPR’s list of live audio and video streams of upcoming concerts: www.npr.org/2020/03/17/816504058/a-list-of-live-virtual-concerts-to-watch-during-the-coronavirus-shutdown
- Daily concert with Laurie Berkner
Join the AffordableFamilyTravel.com Crew on Facebook to share tips and tricks for affordable family travel.
Follow Affordable_Family_Travel on Instagram