Here’s the perfect Easter basket fillers for the Young Travelers for the Young Traveler. If only my kids didn’t already have these I would be creating these myself.
What could be better than a Giant egg looking Scooter suitcase filled with travel essentials. My kids have been using these suitcases since last year and my tall 7.5 year old can still use it. My daughter had just turned 5 when she started using it. I imagine having the suitcase cracked open like show but with the scooter part open and the other items sticking out of the cracked open suitcase.
Sid the Clops
Check out my review of these awesome scooter suitcases.
2. Camelbak Water bottles is a good Easter basket fillers for the Young Travelers
We have used Camelbak bottles for years and have since upgraded to the wide mouth bottles but our kids still enjoy the kids sized ones with the the mouth pieces. Add a carabiner and they can clip to their back packs.
Stain-resistant and taste-free Triton -WOLF
3. Travel Snacks are great Easter basket fillers for the Young Travelers
No matter where we go we always have a back full of snacks. It’s always when we are stuck some where when the kids just need something and they are essential on flights too.
- Slim Jims
- Chex Mix
- Trail Mix
- Freeze dried fruit
- Mini boxes of raisins and Craisins
- Their favorite Candy: lollipops, Gum
This camera is a generic version of a Go Pro. It’s great for younger or older kids and a faction of the price. Both my kids have used these cameras on the last 2-3 trips and really enjoy them.
5. Wireless Headphones (that include a cord)
My kids enjoy using these headphones. When the battery dies they are able to simply add the cord in. the ends fold in to make it a bit more compact and less likely to break.
6. Travel Art Set
Travel Art Supplies are always in our carry ons. We try to keep it simply. Crayons or colored pencils, Drawing pad for Mikey and Coloring Book for Livy.
7. Travel Games
Even though my kids love their ipads when traveling there’s nothing they love more than some time playing with Mike or I. We always keep a deck or 2 of cards in our carry on.
8. Themed items for your next trip
Where ever we travel there always seems to be some thing we need to purchase for the trip. Whether it was a water proof back pack for our trip to Alaska, or new water bottles. We also have fun getting Sponge bob themed things before our trip to Nickelodeon Resort.
- Beach towels , Swim suits, sunglasses, sandals, Caterpillar stacking cups
- Disney, Nickelodeon or other character themed items, autograph books etc
- Themed Lego sets like this Eiffel Tower set.
- hair accessories or jewelry related to your trip.
9. Home made Items
- Colleague pictures printed to play I-spy
- Bingo cards Use m&m as the pieces. I like character Bingo cards such as Disney because I can just randomly call out characters.
- Check out these printable travel games from Tripsavvy.
- If you are leaving right after Easter you could do:
- Fruit-loop or Cheerios Necklace kids: All you need is Cereal and Floss
- Build your own Olafs (marshmallows, pretzel sticks, chocolate chips & orange tic tacs)
10. Scratch off Map
Join the AffordableFamilyTravel.com Crew on Facebook to share tips and tricks for affordable family travel.
Follow Affordable_Family_Travel on Instagram